Are you drinking enough water?
Water is eternal youth potion of life. So are you drinking enough water. Here are a few ways to check if you are drinking enough water:
- Hunger – If you’re hungry every other moment then this can be a sign that you’re thirsty. It is hard to differentiate between hunger and thirst . When you’re craving snacks grab a bottle of water . Studies shows 8 ounces of water a day reduces hunger and helps in weight loss
- Fatigue and irritation- When body is dehydrated you feel tired even after nutritious meals. It also causes cranky behavior, trouble with memory and headaches.
- Urination- The no. of visits to washroom suggests your water intake. The color of your urine also can tell how much water you’re taking
- Your skin- Your skin tells how much water you take. Skin will appear dull and signs of ageing ,acne and other skin problems
- Count your intake- There are various sites where you can count how much water your body needs according to your height, weight and age.
Now here are a benefits of drinking water:
• Flushes toxins
• Supports organ health (heart, kidney etc.)
• Better nutrients absorption
• More energy
• Helps in weight loss
• Prevents cramps and body aches
• Boost immune system
• Improves skin condition
Much much more…..
Here are a few ways to drink more water:
• Use ‘drink water’ reminder apps or good old alarm reminder.
• Drink water first thing in the morning
• Use pretty bottles
• Use straws (sip slowly it’s always better)
• Infuse fruits ( for better taste and health benefits)
• Drink a cup of water before meals
• Drink 2 cups before bed
• Every time you go to washroom drink a cup
• Compete with a friend or do it with a friend
• Drink at least 2 cups whenever you feel tired
• Drink 2 cups before workout
Simple ways of dividing your 8 glass of water everyday:
• 6:00-7:00am – Early morning , 2 glasses.
– refreshes you
– eliminates toxins
– rehydrates your brain
– stimulates digestive system
• 8:00-9:00am – After breakfast, 1 Glass
– immunity boosting
– neutralizes pH of body
– lubricates joints and cartilages
• 11:30 – 12:00 am – One hour before lunch, 1 Glass
– burns extra fat
– boost metabolism for next 30-40 mins
– better digestion
• 3:00- 4:00 pm- Glass before tea/coffee break, 1 Glass
- minimizes acid production
- removes toxins
• 5:00- 7:00pm – One hour before dinner, 2 glasses
- prevents overeating
- reduces risk of colon cancer by 45%
• 8:00- 9:00pm- One hour after dinner, 1 Glass
- body absorbs nutrients
- prevents constipation
• 9:00- 10:00pm – 30 mins before sleep time
- replenish water loss
- prevents heart attacks or strokes
This will be enough motivation for you to grab your water bottle and start living the best life ever. Start now and your body, skin and organs will thank you forever.
Fun fact : “If you drink a gallon of water per day, you won’t have time for other people’s drama because you’ll be too busy peeing”
Stay hydrated my fellow humans!!!